You received this notice because we couldn't locate the return you said was previously filed.
What you need to do
- Read the notice carefully to determine the required form needed.
- If you have a copy of the original return, please re-sign and send it to us.
- If you don't have a copy of the return, visit /Forms-&-Pubs to get the required form or call 1-800-829-3676.
- Fill out the Contact Information section of the notice, detach, and send it to us with your re-signed copy or completed form so we receive it by the date indicated on the notice.
You may want to
- Review your records and ensure the original return wasn't sent back because of missing signatures or missing information.
Answers to Common Questions
Q. What happens if I don't respond by the due date?
A. If you don't respond by the due date of this notice, we may consider your return delinquent and begin collection enforcement to secure the return.
Q. Who do I call for assistance?
A. For assistance with your business return, call 1-800-829-0115 or, for assistance with Form 990-T, call 1-877-829-5500.
How to get help
- Call the 800, 866 or 888 number listed on the top right corner of your notice.
- Authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (.pdf).
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.