Understanding Your CP169 Notice


What this notice is about

We couldn't locate the return you said was previously filed.

What you need to do

  • Read the notice carefully to determine the required form we need.
  • If you have a copy of the original return, please re-sign it and send it to us.
  • If you don't have a copy of the return, visit Forms & Instructions to get a new form or call 800-829-3676.
  • Fill out the Contact Information section of the notice, detach it and send it to us with your re-signed copy or completed form so we receive it by the due date on the notice.

You may want to

  • Review your records to ensure we didn't send the original return back because of missing signatures or missing information.

Frequently asked questions

What happens if I don't respond by the due date?

We may consider your return delinquent and begin collection enforcement to secure the return.

Who do I call for assistance?

For assistance with your business return, call 800-829-0115 or for assistance with Form 990-T, Exempt Organization Business Income Tax Return, call 877-829-5500.

Need Help?