Understanding Your CP169 Notice
You received this notice because we couldn't locate the return you said was previously filed.
What you need to do
- Read the notice carefully to determine the required form needed.
- If you have a copy of the original return, please re-sign and send it to us.
- If you don't have a copy of the return, visit www.irs.gov/Forms-&-Pubs to get the required form or call 1-800-829-3676.
- Fill out the Contact Information section of the notice, detach, and send it to us with your re-signed copy or completed form so we receive it by the date indicated on the notice.
You may want to
- Review your records and ensure the original return wasn't sent back because of missing signatures or missing information.
Answers to Common Questions
Q. What happens if I don't respond by the due date?
A. If you don't respond by the due date of this notice, we may consider your return delinquent and begin collection enforcement to secure the return.
Q. Who do I call for assistance?
A. For assistance with your business return, call 1-800-829-0115 or, for assistance with Form 990-T, call 1-877-829-5500.