We couldn't locate the return you said was previously filed.
What you need to do
- Read the notice carefully to determine the required form we need.
- If you have a copy of the original return, please re-sign it and send it to us.
- If you don't have a copy of the return, visit Forms & Instructions to get a new form or call 800-829-3676.
- Fill out the Contact Information section of the notice, detach it and send it to us with your re-signed copy or completed form so we receive it by the due date on the notice.
You may want to
- Review your records to ensure we didn't send the original return back because of missing signatures or missing information.
Answers to common questions
What happens if I don't respond by the due date?
We may consider your return delinquent and begin collection enforcement to secure the return.
Who do I call for assistance?
For assistance with your business return, call 800-829-0115 or for assistance with Form 990-T, call 877-829-5500.
How to get help
- Call the 800, 866 or 888 number listed on the top right corner of your notice.
- Authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (PDF).
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.