What this notice is about
CP 209 generates when two employer identification numbers (EINs) are consolidated in our records.
What you need to do
- Continue using the EIN designated as your valid EIN.
- Include a copy of your CP209 when you respond to any IRS notices/letters.
- Enter your name exactly as shown above on all filings.
You may want to
- Ensure the valid EIN is entered correctly on all filings with the IRS
- See additional information on Employer ID Numbers.
Frequently asked questions
Have the payments I made and returns I filed under the incorrect EIN been moved to the valid EIN?
Yes, your valid EIN contains the history of the erroneously assigned EIN.
Tips for next year
- Ensure your EIN is entered correctly on all filings with the IRS.