We approved your request for an extension to file your Form 5500 series and/or 8955-SSA.
What you need to do
- Keep this notice for your records.
- File your required form by your new due date shown on the notice.
You may want to
- Review the filing requirement for your organization at Retirement Plans Community.
Answers to Common Questions
Where can I go for more information about Employee Benefit Plans?
For more information on Employee Benefit Plans, see Retirement Plans Community.
Tips for next year
Be sure to mail your Form 5558 on or before the due date of your return.
Tax publications you may find useful
- Publication 1, Your Rights as a Taxpayer (PDF)
- Form 5500-EZ, Annual Return of One-Participant (Owners and Their Spouses) (PDF)
- Form 5500-EZ Instructions (PDF)
- Form 8955-SSA, Annual Registration Statement Identifying Separated Participants With Deferred Vested Benefits (PDF)
- Form 8955-SSA Instructions (PDF)
- Full list of tax forms and instructions
- You can authorize someone to contact the IRS on your behalf.
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.
If you can’t find what you need online, you can call the IRS at the 800, 866, or 888 number listed on the notice.