Understanding Your CP237A Notice


What this notice is about

Call us to request your refund check.

What you need to do

  • Call us at 800-829-0115 to request a replacement check.
  • If you have the expired check, please destroy it.
  • When you receive the new check, remember to cash it.

Frequently asked questions

When will I receive my replacement check?

You should receive the replacement check within 30 days.

Can I request that you mail my refund check to an alternate address?

Refund checks are mailed only to the address of record, which is the address provided on the tax return or the result of a permanent address change request submitted after the return is filed.

Tips for next year

If you are not already doing so, consider filing your taxes electronically. Filing online can help you to avoid mistakes and find credits and deductions for which you may qualify.

Learn more about Form 8822-B, Change of Address or Responsible Party – Business.

Need help?