Understanding Your CP248 Notice
We issue this notice when you didn’t make a Federal Tax Deposit (FTD) through an approved electronic method such as the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS).
What you need to do
- Review your tax records for the deposits you make during the tax period.
- Determine why you made your deposits incorrectly.
- Make all future FTDs electronically.
You may want to...
- Review deposit procedures and how to make your deposits electronically.
- Visit www.EFTPS.gov or call 1-800-555-4477 for more information on using EFTPS for making FTD.
Answers to Common Questions
How do I enroll in EFTPS?
An ATIN extension is only valid for one additional year.
Where can I find more information about deposit requirements?
Refer to Publication 15 for more information on “Depositing Taxes”.
Tips for next year
Make all FTDs electronically with EFTPS.