This notice alerts you when we terminate a Subchapter S election.
What you need to do
- File Form 1120, U.S. Corporation Income Tax Return (PDF) by the due date.
You may want to
- Keep this notice in your permanent records.
Answers to common questions
Can I re-elect Subchapter S status?
No, you must wait 5 years before making a new election.
Tips for next year
- IRS e-file Providers and Large Taxpayers authorized to participate in IRS e-file can file Form 1120; Form 1120S, U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation (PDF); and Form 1120-F, U.S. Income Tax Return of a Foreign Corporation (PDF); through Modernized e-File.
- IRS e-file Providers and Large Taxpayers authorized by IRS should follow the official guidance listed under "How to Participate" on the Form 1120/1120S/1120-F-e-file webpage.
- You can authorize someone to contact the IRS on your behalf.
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.
If you can’t find what you need online, you can call the IRS at the 800, 866, or 888 number listed on the notice.