IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Understanding Your CP279 Notice

CP279 is the notice of acceptance to the parent corporation of a Qualified Subchapter S Subsidiary (QSub) from Form 8869, Qualified Subchapter S Subsidiary Election.

What you need to do

  • Retain this notice in your permanent records.
  • Notify IRS of necessary changes via Form 8822-B, Change of Address or Responsible Party – Business.

You may want to

Supply your subsidiary corporation with a copy of this notice.

Answers to Common Questions

Q. How do I report the activity of my subsidiary?

A. Subsidiary information should be reported on Form 851, Affiliations Schedule, and other necessary schedules.


Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 09-Feb-2017

Printable samples of this notice (.pdf)


Tax publications you may find useful


How to get help