Understanding Your CP285 Notice


What this notice is about

We denied your Form 1128, Application To Adopt, Change, or Retain a Tax Year, because it was filed late.

What you need to do

  • Continue filing your annual income tax return for the tax year you have historically used. If you're a new entity, use the tax year assigned when you received the notice of EIN assignment (for example, CP575 or 576).

You may want to

Need help?