What this notice is about
We approved your Form 8716, Election To Have a Tax Year Other Than a Required Tax Year.
What you need to do
- File your annual business income tax returns (Form 1065, U.S. Return of Partnership Income (PDF) or Form 1120S, U.S. Corporation Income Tax Return (PDF)) on time for the approved fiscal tax year.
- File Form 8752, Required Payment or Refund Under Section 7519 (PDF), annually (by May 15).
- Make all payments required for Form 8752 on time.
You may want to
- Keep this notice for your permanent records
- Visit Where to File Your Taxes (for Form 8752)
- Review the instructions for Form 8752 (PDF) on page 3 of the form
Frequently asked questions
File a final Form 8752, which will terminate your Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 444 election. If you have a credit on your account, file a final Form 8752 for us to refund the payments to you. You must also file a short period business income tax return (Form 1065 or Form 1120S) with your final Form 8752 ending December 31.
Yes. You must file Form 8752 each year the Section 444 election is in effect, even if you don't need to make a payment.
Yes. You must send a final Form 1065 or Form 1120S, along with a final Form 8752.
Failure to file or failure to pay will result in the termination of your fiscal year election.