Understanding Your CP563F


What this notice is about

We're rejecting your request for an Adoption Taxpayer Identification number (ATIN) extension.

What you need to know

  • We couldn't process your extension request because we didn't receive a reply to our previous notice asking you to provide additional information.
  • If you agree, you don't need to respond to this notice.
  • If you don't agree, and you still need an ATIN for your child, you must complete another Form W-7A, Application for Taxpayer Identification Number for Pending U.S. AdoptionsPDF, and attach all the required information to your application.

You may want to

Call the IRS at 737-800-5511 or 267-941-1000 (for international calls) if you have additional questions.

Frequently asked questions

How long is an ATIN extension?

Extensions are valid for one additional year and may be requested before your assigned ATIN expires. For more information, see Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number.

Need help?