Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Understanding Your CP75C Notice

This notice tells you that you were banned from claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) in a prior tax year due to your intentional disregard of the rules or a fraudulent claim. Since your ban is still in effect, we disallowed the EITC for your current tax year.

What you need to do

  • You don’t need to do anything for the tax year under audit.

You may want to

  • Review this notice with your tax preparer.
  • Review the rules for claiming EITC
  • Find out if you can claim EITC if you don't have a qualifying child. Find the rules for those without a qualifying child here.
  • Call us for assistance at the toll-free telephone number listed in the top right corner of your notice

Answers to common questions

What do I need to send?
If you believe we incorrectly applied the ban, you must provide documentation to show that you didn't intentionally disregard the EITC rules for the year we imposed the ban.

Can I file my tax return while being audited?
Yes, you should continue to file all required tax returns before the due date to avoid additional penalties and interest.

Tips for next year

If you are banned from claiming the EITC, you won’t be allowed to claim the credit until the year stated on your notice.