We are allowing your Earned Income Credit as claimed on your tax return. You will receive any expected refund in 8 weeks provided you owe no other taxes or legal debts we are required to collect.
What you need to do
- You don’t need to take further action.
You may want to
- Keep a copy of this notice for your records
Answers to common questions
What if I don't receive my refund within 8 weeks?
Call us for assistance at the toll-free telephone number listed in the top right corner of your notice, if you haven't received your refund within 8 weeks.
Tips for next year
Consider filing your taxes electronically. Filing online can help you to avoid mistakes and to find credits and deductions for which you may qualify. In many cases you can file electronically for free. Learn more about e-file.
How to get help
- Call the 800, 866 or 888 number listed on the top right corner of your notice.
- Authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (PDF)
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.