This notice tells you we released the notice of levy sent to you about the taxpayer named in the notice.
What you need to do
- You no longer must turn over any money, property, or rights to property belonging to this taxpayer.
- The levy release is effective immediately upon your receipt. No other action is required on your part.
You may want to
- Keep this notice in your permanent records.
Answers to common questions
Who should I contact?
You don't need to contact us about the release. You can inform the taxpayer you received the levy release.
- You can authorize someone to contact the IRS on your behalf.
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.
If you can’t find what you need online, you can call the IRS at the 800, 866, or 888 number listed on the notice.