IR-2019-170, October 15, 2019
WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service has selected nine new members for the Electronic Tax Administration Advisory Committee (ETAAC).
Established in 1998, the ETAAC is a public forum for the discussion of issues in electronic tax administration. Its aim is to prevent identity theft and refund fraud in support of paperless filing of tax and information returns. ETAAC members work closely with the Security Summit, a joint effort of the IRS, state tax administrators and the nation's tax industry to fight identity theft and refund fraud.
Committee members include state tax officials, consumer advocates, cybersecurity and information security specialists, tax preparers, tax software developers and representatives of the payroll and financial communities.
The following individuals have been appointed to serve three-year terms on the committee beginning in September 2019:
- Latryna Carlton, Waverly, Fla. − Carlton is President of Committed Citizens of Waverly in Waverly, Fla., a community-based organization dedicated to self-help and volunteering. Carlton is a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site coordinator and trainer.
- Daniel Eubanks, Alexandria, Va. − Eubanks is Senior Manager for Federal Government Relations at Intuit. He serves as an industry co-lead on the Security Summit Authentication Working Group. Eubanks previously served on the Board of Directors for CERCA (the Council for Electronic Revenue Communication Advancement), as well as the Senior Executive Board of the Identity Theft Tax Refund Fraud Information Sharing and Analysis Center.
- Larry Gray, Rolla, Mo. − Gray is a certified public accountant with his own firm, Alfermann Gray & Co. Gray serves on the Security Summit Tax Professionals Working Group. He is an instructor for the National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP) and speaks regularly at the IRS Nationwide Tax Forums.
- John Kreger, Minneapolis, Minn. − Kreger is Director of Product Management at Sovos, where he leads the team responsible for Sovos' 1099, Affordable Care Act, and Insurance Premium Tax reporting solutions. He has experience as a software developer, solution engineer and information systems manager.
- Laura Macca, Fairfield, Conn. − Macca is National Director of Business Transformation at EisnerAmper. Previously, Macca led tax process, policy, digital transformation and risk management initiatives as Chief of Staff at Bridgewater Associates LP. She is a certified public accountant and member of the American Institute of CPAs.
- Julie Magee, Santa Rosa Beach, Fla. − Magee is Director of Tax Regulatory Affairs at Credit Karma Tax, Inc. She is a founding participant in the Security Summit and the Identity Theft Tax Refund Fraud Information Sharing and Analysis Center. She serves on several Summit working groups. Magee was previously Commissioner of the Alabama Department of Revenue and held leadership roles at the Federation of Tax Administrators, the Multistate Tax Commission, and the Southeastern Association of Tax Administrators.
- Ada Navarro, Wolcott, Conn. − Navarro is Lead Examiner for the Fraud Unit of the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services, handling both civil and criminal tax fraud cases. Navarro is co-project manager for Connecticut's paid preparer legislation committee. Her memberships and associations include the Identity Theft Tax Refund Fraud Information Sharing Analysis Center, the Federation of Tax Administrators, the Suspicious Filer Exchange Program, the International Association of Financial Crimes Investigators and the National White Collar Crime Center.
- Cynthia Rowley, Maplewood, Minn. − Rowley is Assistant Commissioner at the Minnesota Department of Revenue, responsible for the Department's Individual Income and Withholding Division, Property Tax Division and Tax Operations Division. Rowley was previously Director of Property Tax and Director of the Tax Operations Division. She is a member of the Federation of Tax Administrators.
- Matthew Vickers, Brooklyn, N.Y. − Vickers is General Product Manager for U.S.-based Xero Inc. and its publicly-listed New Zealand-based parent company Xero Limited. Xero offers online accounting and tax-filing software to small businesses.