IR-2005-51, April 25, 2005
WASHINGTON — In recognition of National Small Business Week, the Internal Revenue Service announces an abundance of free resources available to assist the nation’s 45 million small business and self-employed taxpayers with their tax responsibilities. And, they are all just a mouse-click away.
The small business section of IRS.gov provides a one-stop resource for information on starting and operating a business. On this site taxpayers can:
- Learn about employment tax requirements.
- Make tax payments.
- Find out how to set up and distribute retirement plans.
- View a streaming video of a small business tax workshop.
- Order free products like a tax calendar or small business resource guide.
“Running a business is a big responsibility and the IRS wants to help ease the process for this dynamic group of taxpayers,” said Kevin M. Brown, commissioner of the IRS Small Business/Self-Employed Division. ”In an effort to save businesses money and reduce their paperwork burden, over the last year, the IRS has implemented a number of initiatives to simplify tax forms.”
For more information about the resources and services the IRS has for small business and self-employed taxpayers visit IRS.gov.
- Small Business and Self-Employed One-Stop Resource
- Subscribe to Small Business and Self-Employed Division’s free e-mail service for small business owners.