IR-2003-105, Aug. 28, 2003
Washington — Corporations making estimated tax payments may postpone part of their Sept. 15, 2003, payment due to a provision in the new tax law enacted in May. This law allows 25 percent of the September estimated installment to be made by Oct. 1, 2003.
For example, if a corporation owes an estimated tax payment of $4,000 due Sept. 15, 2003, then the corporation could opt to pay $3,000 (75 percent) by Sept. 15, 2003, and the remaining $1,000 (25 percent) by Oct. 1, 2003.
Generally, corporations use one of two options when making their estimated tax payments: the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) or by submitting Form 8109, Federal Tax Deposit Coupon, to their financial institution. Neither process is affected by the October 1 payment date.
For more information, you may call the IRS at 1-800-829-4933.