Tax pros learn newest details on tax law, cybersecurity, disasters
IRS YouTube Videos:
IR-2019-126, July 16, 2019
WASHINGTON — The IRS Nationwide Tax Forum slated for New Orleans is chock full of important information tax professionals can use, not only for continuing professional education credits, but to put into action immediately. The forum takes place August 6-8.
Those who register early can save. Enrolled agents, certified public accountants, certified financial planners, Annual Filing Season Program participants and other tax professionals can register at the standard rate of $255 through July 23. Attendees registering after that date or on-site pay $370.
Highlights of the forum include:
Seminars and workshops
Tax professionals attending a 2019 Tax Forum can earn up to 19 continuing professional education credits. They will get the latest information on federal and state tax issues presented by experts from the IRS and partner organizations in a wide variety of seminars and workshops. Seminar topics include:
- Tax law changes for 2019.
- The continuing impact of tax reform, including topics such as review and planning for 199A Qualified Business Income (QBI) as well as topics such as Opportunity Zones.
- Dealing with disasters
- A variety of ethics sessions.
- Updates on IRS collection and other key programs.
- Several sessions focused on cybersecurity and identity theft issues, filled with tips for tax professionals to understand the latest cyberthreats to their businesses and their clients as well as IRS and Security Summit efforts to protect the tax community.
- Overcoming language and cultural barriers in the tax preparation industry presented by the Council for Electronic Revenue Communication Advancement.
Case Resolution Program
The Nationwide Tax Forums also offer tax professionals with unresolved client cases the opportunity to bring one case and meet face-to-face with IRS representatives in the Case Resolution Program. To schedule an appointment, visit the case resolution table on Monday before the forum begins or go directly to the case resolution room during the three-day event. To expedite appointment scheduling, bring an original Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (PDF), and a completed Nationwide Tax Forum Case Data Sheet (PDF). Be sure to bring any supporting documents to Case Resolution to assist in expediting cases. The program is for client cases only.
The Forums also feature a two-day expo with businesses offering products, services and expertise designed with the tax professional in mind.
The 2019 Nationwide Tax Forums continue around the country. Other remaining events are:
- Chicago, July 23-25;
- Orlando, August 13-15; and
- San Diego, September 17-19.
Visit the IRS Nationwide Tax Forum website to register.