Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Tax Tips for January 2013

Notice: Historical Content

This is an archival or historical document and may not reflect current law, policies or procedures.

Choosing Which Form to File

Tax Tip 2013-04, January 31, 2013

Five Good Reasons to e-file Your Tax Return

Tax Tip 2013-03, January 30, 2013

Ten Things to Know about Free Volunteer Tax Help

Tax Tip 2013-02, January 29, 2013

Who Should File a 2012 Tax Return?

Tax Tip 2013-01, January 28, 2013

Check Your Eligibility for the Earned Income Tax Credit

Special Edition Tax Tip 2013-03, January 25, 2013

IRS Offers Tips to Help Taxpayers with the January 30 Tax Season Opening

Special Edition Tax Tip 2013-02, January 23, 2013

IRS Plans January 30 Tax Season Opening For 1040 Filers

Special Edition Tax Tip 2013-01, January 9, 2013