December 18, 2018
Taxpayers can get tax tips and news from the IRS through social media platforms.
The IRS uses social media to share the latest information on:
- tax changes
- scam alerts
- products and services.
IRS social media tools:
- Instagram: Access the new account, IRSNews at https://www.instagram.com/irsnews or the Instagram app.
- YouTube: Features video tips in English, Spanish and American Sign Language.
- Twitter: Follow @IRSnews for tax announcements. @IRStaxpros tweets news for tax professionals. @IRSenEspanol has information in Spanish. @IRStaxsecurity posts scam alerts.
- Facebook. News and information for taxpayers and tax return preparers, also in Spanish.
- LinkedIn. The IRS shares agency updates and job opportunities.