Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Fixing Common Plan Mistakes

Common mistakes that happen in retirement plans, how to use the IRS’s correction programs to correct the mistake and how to reduce the probability of it happening again.


Contributions/Elective Deferrals

Designated Roth Contributions

  • Common Roth contribution mistakes
    In the operation of a Roth feature, sometimes the employer doesn’t follow the employee’s election as to the type of elective deferral.



Safe Harbor 401(k) Plans


Spousal consent

  • Failure to Obtain Spousal Consent
    How to fix a failure to obtain spousal consent when a distribution is made to a participant in the form other than the required Qualified Joint and Survivor Annuity.

Terminating plans

Top-heavy errors


Additional resources