IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

IRS-Sponsored Continuing Education Programs

IRS sponsors a variety of continuing education programs for tax professionals. NOTE: The availability of continuing education credit varies by program. Be sure to read the program descriptions carefully to determine if you will receive CE credit.

  • Nationwide Tax Forums: Three full days of seminars with the latest word from IRS leadership and experts in the fields of tax law, compliance and ethics. Select from over 40 seminars and workshops to earn up to 18 CE credits.

  • Nationwide Tax Forums Online: View 50 minute interactive videos of IRS Nationwide Tax Forum seminars and earn CE credit.

  • Webinars for Tax Practitioners: IRS broadcasts webinars on a variety of subjects aimed at educating tax professionals on issues affecting them and their clients. The webinars are free and often offer continuing education (CE) credit for Enrolled Agents.

  • Employee Plans Training & Outreach Programs: Specialized education programs designed to increase understanding and compliance with tax laws applicable to various retirement plans.

  • Exempt Organizations Training & Outreach Programs: Specialized education programs to help exempt organizations comply with tax obligations and understand what they must do to keep their tax-exempt status.

  • Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Due Diligence Training Module: Covers the technical parts of the EITC Due Diligence requirements and contains examples of applying due diligence requirements. The module is approved for one CE credit for Enrolled Agents.

  • Volunteer Income Tax Assistance and Tax Counseling for the Elderly: Enrolled Agents and Non-credentialed tax return preparers participating in the Annual Filing Season Program can earn continuing education credits after completing the appropriate coursework and volunteering as an instructor, quality reviewer and or tax return preparer at a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance or Tax Counseling for the Elderly site. Attorneys, Certified Public Accountants, or Certified Financial Planners may also qualify depending on the policies of their state or national licensing board.


Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 29-Sep-2015