What are the IRS Nationwide Tax Forums?
The IRS Nationwide Tax Forums offer three full days of seminars with the latest word from IRS leadership and experts in the fields of tax law, compliance and ethics. Attendees can:
- Select from multiple live seminars.
- Earn up to 18 continuing professional education credits.
- Explore the expo hall for the latest tax professional products and services.
- Visit the Case Resolution Room.
How Do I Register?
Registration for the 2020 IRS Nationwide Tax Forums is now underway.
|Location||Forum Dates||Standard Registration Deadline|
|Dallas, TX||July 14-16||June 30|
|New Orleans, LA||July 28-30||July 14|
|Atlanta, GA||August 4-6||July 21|
|National Harbor, MD (near Washington, DC)||August 18-20||August 4|
|San Diego, CA||August 25-27||August 11|
|Orlando, FL||September 15-17||September 1|
Case Resolution Program
Bring your toughest, unresolved IRS case (one case per tax business) to the Case Resolution Program at the IRS Nationwide Tax Forums. IRS representatives with specialized expertise will be available — by appointment only — to meet one-on-one with tax professionals to discuss one client’s toughest tax case. If the case cannot be resolved on-site or requires further research, it will be assigned to an appropriate IRS expert for follow-up.
A signed original or copy of your Power of Attorney (Form 2848 (PDF)), authorizing disclosure of confidential tax information, is required and must be presented when scheduling an appointment. Only the practitioner listed on the POA will be allowed in the Case Resolution Room.
To schedule an appointment, visit the Case Resolution table on Monday before the forum begins from 1 p.m. – 6 p.m., or go directly to the Case Resolution Room during the three-day event. To expedite appointment scheduling, bring your Form 2848 (PDF) and a completed Nationwide Tax Forum Case Data Sheet (PDF) with you. Be sure to bring any supporting documents with you to Case Resolution to assist in expediting your case. The program is for client cases only. We can’t assist you with any personal tax case or any case in which you have a vested interest. Please contact the IRS or the Taxpayer Advocate Service directly.
For questions about the Nationwide Tax Forums, send an email to: TaxForums@irs.gov
IRS Nationwide Tax Forums Online
The IRS Nationwide Tax Forums Online (NTFO) provides courses based on taped seminars from previous IRS Nationwide Tax Forums. NTFO courses may be taken for either CPE credit or audit.
IRS Limited-English Proficiency Handouts
- Income Deductions Checklist (PDF, English-Spanish)
- Where is My Refund? (PDF, English-Spanish)
- Products and Services List (PDF)
- IRS.gov/español Website Fact Sheet (PDF)
- IRS Multilingual Websites Fact Sheet (PDF)
View Presentations from Past Forums
- IRS PowerPoint Presentations from 2019 Nationwide Tax Forums
- IRS PowerPoint Presentations from 2018 Nationwide Tax Forums
- IRS PowerPoint Presentations from 2017 Nationwide Tax Forums
- IRS PowerPoint Presentations from 2016 Nationwide Tax Forums
- IRS PowerPoint Presentations from 2015 Nationwide Tax Forums