Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Is Appeals the Place for You?

Appeals is the place for you if ALL of the following apply:  

  • You received a letter from the IRS explaining your right to appeal the IRS’s decision.
  • You do not agree with the IRS’s decision.
  • You are not signing an agreement form sent to you.

If all of the above are true, then you may be ready to request an Appeals conference or hearing.

Appeals is not for you if ANY of the following apply:

  • The correspondence you received from the IRS was a bill and there was no mention of Appeals.
  • You did not provide all information to support your position to the examiner during the audit.
  • Your only concern is that you cannot afford to pay the amount you owe.

If you cannot identify the requirements or if you do not meet the conditions for having your case enter the Appeals process as explained above, contact the IRS employee you have been working with or call Taxpayer Service for assistance at 1-800-829-1040.

Alternative Dispute Resolution

Appeals offers mediation programs that can expedite the resolution of disputed issues.