What Is the Status of My Appeal Request?


If you have formally submitted a request for an appeal and need to check on the status of your request, we can tell you if your case has been assigned to an Appeals employee and how to contact that employee directly. They will be your best contact for all issues related to your case in Appeals. You can reach us at 559-233-1267. Leave a message with your name, tax ID number, a callback number, and the nature of your request. We'll research the status of the case and return your call within 48 hours. If we haven't received your case yet, you won't receive a call back from us.

If you don't hear back from us or are unsure if your request for an appeal has been forwarded, please directly contact the person with whom you were last involved (examiner or collection officer). They will be better equipped to answer your questions with respect to your appeal request. For more information on submitting an appeal, please refer to Requesting an Appeal.