If you live near a state line, please look for tax workshops, meetings and seminars in nearby cities of the bordering state.
- Employment Taxes & Employer Responsibilities Seminar
- Small Business Tax Workshop – Advanced
- Starting a Business
Employment Taxes & Employer Responsibilities Seminar
This class, presented by IRS, Minnesota Department of Revenue and Unemployment Insurance Tax experts, will give you a guided tour through the maze of state and federal employment tax and other reporting requirements.
Seminar topics covered include:
- In-Depth Discussions of:
- Worker Status: Who’s an “Independent Contractor” and who’s not
- Tax Withholding and Deposit rules
- Quarterly and Annual Report Filing Requirements
- Unemployment Insurance Tax Rate Assignment & Wage Reporting
- Overviews of:
- Labor Standards (“Wage & Hour”)
- Worker's Compensation Insurance
- The New Hire Reporting Rules
- Department of Homeland Security (formerly INS) Requirements
Small Business Tax Workshop – Advanced
No one wants a “friendly” letter from the IRS. Taxes are an important part of starting a business and it’s not as difficult as you think! But where do you start? This workshop will follow-up on our June event, covering tax basics and will deliver a terrific in-depth review. Also, the IRS is providing publications and the presentation that will be used at the event.
- How to estimate your tax obligations
- How to file and pay your taxes electronically
- What you need to know when you run your business from your home
- The differences between an employer and independent contractor
This session will answer all these questions and more!
Registration: Please visit, the St Paul SCORE website and register today.
Sponsored By: SCORE - St. Paul Chapter
Date: August 8, 2018
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Location: Maplewood Library, 3025 Southlawn Drive, Maplewood, MN 55109
Starting a Business
Tax workshops are now offered in coordination with our partnering organizations. Learn business basics through presentations given by SCORE mentors, Small Business Development Center instructors, and business professionals. IRS Stakeholder Liaison provides small business materials.
These seminars take a realistic look at whether you are ready to be an entrepreneur and the basic steps to get started. Topics include:
- Myths about entrepreneurship
- Importance of a business plan
- Business financing
- Basic legal requirements for start-up
- Resources available
For more information, contact the agencies listed below.
Registration: Visit the South Central Minnesota Small Business Development Center website. Phone: 507-389-8875
Sponsored By: South Central Minnesota Small Business Development Center