Minnesota Tax Workshops, Meetings and Seminars
If you live near a state line, please look for tax workshops, meetings and seminars in nearby cities of the bordering state.
Employment Taxes & Employer Responsibilities Seminar
This class, presented by IRS, Minnesota Department of Revenue and Unemployment Insurance Tax experts, will give you a guided tour through the maze of state and federal employment tax and other reporting requirements.
Seminar topics covered include:
- In-Depth Discussions of:
- Worker Status: Who’s an “Independent Contractor” and who’s not
- Tax Withholding and Deposit rules
- Quarterly and Annual Report Filing Requirements
- Unemployment Insurance Tax Rate Assignment & Wage Reporting
- Overviews of:
- Labor Standards (“Wage & Hour”)
- Worker's Compensation Insurance
- The New Hire Reporting Rules
- Department of Homeland Security (formerly INS) Requirements
Tax workshops are now offered in coordination with our partnering organizations. This seminar takes a realistic look at whether you are ready to be an entrepreneur and the basic steps to get started.
- Myths about entrepreneurship
- Importance of a business plan
- Business financing
- Basic legal requirements for start-up
- Resources available
The workshops are presented in collaboration with the South Central Minnesota Small Business Development Center.
Registration: Visit the South Central Minnesota Small Business Development Center website for dates and times.
Sponsored By: South Central MN Small Business Development Center - Regional Center
Location: Mankato WorkForce Center, 1200 Civic Center Plaza, Suite 1600A, Mankato, MN 56001
Contact: Julie Nelson; Phone: 507-389-8875; Email: email@example.com
Starting a Business
Tax workshops are now offered in coordination with our partnering organizations. Learn business basics through presentations given by SCORE mentors, Northeast Minnesota Small Business Development Center and business professionals. IRS Stakeholder Liaison provides small business materials. For more information, contact the agencies listed below.
Registration: Visit the Northeast Minnesota Small Business Development Center website for dates and times; Contact: UMD CED; Phone: 218-726-7298; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored By: UMD Center for Economic Development