Business tax account

You can view your tax information on record with the IRS and do more with a business tax account. For your personal taxes, use online account.

Who can use

You can access business tax account if you are:

Sole proprietorships

A sole proprietor who:

Partnerships and S-Corps

An individual partner or shareholder who has:

  • A Social Security number or an individual tax ID number (ITIN) 
  • A Schedule K-1 from between 2017-2022 on file (access for prior years is being evaluated) 

A partner or shareholder can only access the business tax account for the years they received a Schedule K-1.

We'll add access for more business types and roles soon.

What you can do

Depending on your business type, you can access several account features to manage your federal tax obligations. Access to some features may be limited or unavailable depending on your role in the business.

Sole proprietors with EIN 

A sole proprietor who files with an EIN can:

  • View business balance due 
  • View business tax records
  • View select digital notices 
  • Request a tax compliance check 
  • View business name and address on file 
  • Give account access to your employees 
  • Register for clean energy credits (if eligible) 

Partners and shareholders 

An individual partner or shareholder with access can:

  • View business balance due 
  • View business name on file 

Access for more business types and roles coming soon.

If you have an online account: Use the same sign-in.

Create account or sign in

If you don't have an account, have your photo ID ready to verify your identity.

Accessibility guide

If you use a screen reader, magnifier or voice command software, refer to the business tax account accessibility guide.

Help topics

Business tax account versus online account

Use business tax account if you file business tax returns as a sole proprietor with an EIN. For example: Form 941 for employment taxes or Form 2290 for highway use tax.

Use online account if you file personal tax returns with your Social Security number (SSN) or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN). For example: Form 1040 for individual income tax.

Creating a new account

For help see how to register for certain online self-help tools.

Customer service

IRS customer service representatives can help with your tax and payments questions, but they can't access your business tax account. Find phone and local assistance.