Campaigns will ensure that resources are used efficiently and effectively to improve taxpayer compliance. LB&I's goal is to improve return selection, identify issues representing the risk of non-compliance, and make the greatest use of limited resources.
- Posted 1065 FAQ answers regarding ownership reporting for Form 1065 Schedule B questions 3 and 4 may be applied to similar issues in reporting ownership for Form 1120 Schedule K questions 4 and 5. Both sets of questions require a limited application of section 267(c) attribution rules to determine total ownership percentages, direct or indirect.
- The focus is on issues that fall within sections 701 through 761 of the Code (Subchapter K). Subchapter K deals primarily with the formation, operation, and termination of partnerships. Many issues arise during the initial or final year of the partnership.
- If you’re considering starting a business, then start here. This section provides links to everything from a checklist for a new business to selecting a business structure and more.
- This web site provides an overview of electronic filing and more detailed information for those partnerships that prepare and transmit their own income tax returns using MeF. Partnerships that rely upon third party tax professionals to prepare and transmit their tax returns should consult their tax professional.
- A partnership is the relationship existing between two or more persons who join to carry on a trade or business.
- This page contains information related to publicly traded partnerships that have effectively connected income, gain, or loss and who must pay withholding tax on any distributions of income made to its foreign partners.
- If you own a foreign bank account, brokerage account, mutual fund, unit trust, or other financial account, then you may be required to report the account yearly to the Internal Revenue Service.