Choosing Your Paid Tax Preparer - Avoiding "Ghost Tax Preparers"
Don’t be a victim to a “ghost” tax return preparer! Join us for a free and informative 30-minute webinar that will prepare you in choosing your tax return preparer. The Internal Revenue Service, Franchise Tax Board and California Tax Education Council want you to know that knowledge is power when it comes to choosing a preparer. Here are some questions you should ask:
- What are their qualifications?
- What are they required to do?
- What should you look for?
- What are the appropriate actions for you to take?
- Why do the IRS, FTB and CTEC care and what are they doing?
Ultimately, you are legally responsible for all the information on your tax return. The choice is yours! Choose wisely.
Registration: Not required. To join the Webcast, visit the Cisco webex website . Log in up to 15 minutes before the webcast begins to ensure access through your computer or mobile device. Call in Option: (855) 865-6792 with Access Code: 997 553 696#. Questions, email email@example.com.
Sponsored By: Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in partnership with California Franchise Tax Board (FTB) and California Tax Education Council (CTEC)
Date: Thursday, January 23, 2020
Time: 12:00 p.m. PT
An Overview of the Foreign Tax Credit
This webinar will:
- Describe the purpose of the foreign tax credit
- Describe the purpose of properly sourcing income for foreign tax credit computation purposes
- Determine the criteria that taxes must meet in order to be eligible for the foreign tax credit
- Discuss the statutory withholding rate versus the treaty rate
- Provide a live Q & A
Closed captioning will be offered.
Continuing Education: All participants who qualify will receive a Certificate of Completion. Tax Professionals earn up to 2 CE Credits - Category: Federal Tax.
Registration: Please visit the registration website. Questions: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored By: IRS Stakeholder Liaison
Date: January 30, 2020
Time: 2 p.m. (ET), 1 p.m. (CT), 12 p.m. (MT), 11 a.m. (PT), 8 a.m. (Hawaii)
Other Video Outreach Products
The IRS Video portal contains video and audio presentations on topics of interest to small businesses, individuals and tax professionals. You will find video clips of tax topics, archived versions of live panel discussions and webinars.