Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Other Third Party Authorization

There are other types of third party authorizations available.

  • Third Party Designee authority is limited to the specific tax form and period of the return, and is limited to issues involving processing of that specific return.  This authority will expire one year from the due date of the return regardless of any extension dates.
  • Oral Tax Information Authorization is the verbal equivalent of Form 8821 and is valid until revoked or withdrawn. It is recorded on the Centralized Authorization File (CAF) upon the taxpayer’s request by calling (800) 829-1040.
  • Oral Disclosure Consent is a tax information authorization limited to specific notices and oral disclosure only. It is not recorded on the Centralized Authorization File (CAF). It is recorded directly on the account when requested by calling (800) 829-1040.
  • Publication 4019 (PDF) 

Rate the Small Business and Self-Employed Website