- What is e-File for charities and nonprofits (tax-exempt organizations)?
- What is the electronic filing requirement for small tax-exempt organizations?
- What are the benefits of e-File?
- Are there tax-exempt organizations that cannot file Forms 990 or 990-EZ electronically?
- Can my state return be filed electronically?
How to use
- How do I submit an electronic return? Does a tax-exempt organization need special software to file an electronic return?
- How do I submit attachments, explanations, and schedules required with my return?
- How do I sign my return?
- How do I electronically file for an extension?
Who must use
- Which large tax-exempt organizations are required to file returns electronically?
- Will the IRS grant waivers releasing tax-exempt organizations from the e-File requirement?
- What should a tax-exempt organization do to ensure it is ready for filing its return electronically?
- What happens if a tax-exempt organization required to e-File fails to comply with the requirement to file electronically?
- My organization is required to e-File its Form 990 but can't because it changed its name. Do we have to request a waiver from the requirement to e-File the Form 990?
- What is the IRS's definition of a large taxpayer?
- How does a large taxpayer originate the electronic submission of its own return(s)?
- Are corporate officers or principals of the firm required to complete the registration and application process required for large taxpayers to participate in IRS e-File?
- If a tax-exempt organization meets the definition of large taxpayer will IRS perform the suitability checks discussed in Publication 3112?
- What additional information is available for large tax-exempt organizations - those that prepare their own returns?