About Form 5405, Repayment of the First-Time Homebuyer Credit


Use this form to:

  • Notify the IRS that the home for which you claimed the credit was disposed of or ceased to be your main home.
  • Figure the amount of the credit you must repay with your tax return.

Current Revision

Recent Developments

None at this time.

Other Items You May Find Useful

All Form 5405 Revisions

About Publication 523, Selling Your Home

About Publication 544, Sales and Other Dispositions of Assets

Other Current Products