A U.S. person that is a direct or indirect shareholder of a passive foreign investment company (PFIC) files Form 8621 if they:
- Receive certain direct or indirect distributions from a PFIC.
- Recognize a gain on a direct or indirect disposition of PFIC stock.
- Are reporting information with respect to a QEF or section 1296 mark-to-market election.
- Are making an election reportable in Part II of the form.
- Are required to file an annual report pursuant to section 1298(f).
None at this time.
Other Items You May Find Useful
About Form 8621-A, Return by a Shareholder Making Certain Late Elections To End Treatment as a Passive Foreign Investment Company