Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Earned Income Tax Credit
Top Frequently Asked Questions for Earned Income Tax Credit
- My child was born and only lived 40 minutes. Can this child be my qualifying child for the earned income credit and the child tax credit?
- If the custodial parent releases a claim to exemption for a child by signing a Form 8332, Release/Revocation of Release of Claim to Exemption for Child by Custodial Parent, or a substantially similar statement, may the noncustodial parent claim the child as a qualifying child for the earned income credit?
- Must I be entitled to claim a child as a dependent to claim the earned income credit based on the child being my qualifying child?
- If both parents who were never married want to claim the earned income credit, which parent is entitled to claim the credit as an eligible individual with a qualifying child?
- Is child support considered earned income when calculating the earned income credit?
- Can I claim the earned income credit on Form 1040EZ?