About Form 8332, Release/Revocation of Release of Claim to Exemption for Child by Custodial Parent


If you are the custodial parent, you can use Form 8332 to do the following.

  • Release a claim to exemption for your child so that the noncustodial parent can claim an exemption for the child.
  • Revoke a previous release of claim to exemption for your child.

Current Revision

Recent Developments

None at this time.

Other Items You May Find Useful

All Form 8332 Revisions

About Publication 501, Exemptions, Standard Deduction, and Filing Information

About Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return

Other Current Products