Welcome to online services account activation. From here you can complete your online account registration.
- If you received a CP301 Notice with an activation code in the section entitled "Next Steps", follow the Activate Your Account steps below.
- If you didn't receive a CP301 Notice with an activation code, you've reached this page by mistake. Please visit our Tools page for a complete list of IRS online services. Most services don't require account registration or activation.
Activate Your Account
To complete your online services registration:
- Access the service you tried to use when you requested an account activation code by mail
- Log in with the username and password you created
- Enter the activation code provided in your CP301 notice
Choose a tool:
- Get Transcript Online – view, download or print various transcript types available online.
- View Your Tax Account – get current payoff amount for any tax year owed or view payment history over the last 18 months
- Online Payment Agreement – apply for a payment plan (including installment agreement) online to pay off your balance over time.
- Get an Identity Protection PIN – get an Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN), if eligible, or retrieve an existing IP PIN.
- Identity Verification Service – confirm your identity and tax return information after receiving an IRS 5071C letter.
- e-Services Online Tools for Tax Professionals – a suite of web-based tools that allow tax professionals, reporting agents, mortgage industry, payers and others to complete transactions online with the IRS.
- Secure Messaging – send and receive messages and digital documents related to your open IRS issue. Participation is limited to taxpayers who are invited. To activate Secure Messaging, visit the web address previously provided to you in our letter or by our representative.