- Train volunteers to prepare simple tax returns at coalition-sponsored tax assistance sites
Conduct a filing season kick-off incorporating media and political representatives to tell the public about the free community services being offered.
- Adopt a volunteer tax assistance site from your organization by providing the volunteer staff, equipment, or other resources available to your group
- Provide motivational speakers to educate low income workers on financial literacy.
- Issue a mayoral proclamation surrounding a coalition service
- Sponsor a bank account program such as Individual Development Accounts (IDA), a special bank account with matching funds.
- Produce booklets or videos on financial literacy covering highlights of checking/savings accounts, EITC, IDAs and money management to show at volunteer sites.
- Develop or donate publicity throughout the filing season on services sponsored by the community coalition.
The possibilities of partnering are endless and the effects are boundless. The power of coalitions is a driving force nationwide. If the mission of your organization coincides with that of IRS, why not consider becoming a partner?
To discuss partnering opportunities send an email to email@example.com , and let us know how we can help you get started.
We are Glad To Help!
We will help you get started, so please take a minute to peruse our Partner Products and Volunteer Resource Center for products, web sites, and other materials that may be helpful in your partnership with IRS.