Are you currently a partner or volunteer with IRS to educate people about taxes or help them with their federal tax returns? If so, please use the SPEC Partner E-mail to send us comments, suggestions or other feedback regarding any IRS-sponsored assistance efforts.
Not yet a partner? Interested in finding out more? Check out how to become an IRS Partner to help in your community.
- Publication 5244, IRS Social Media Toolkit
- Publication 5102, IRS Partners – Social Media, Equipping You
- Publication 5176, VITA/TCE Marketing Templates Thumbnail
Partner and Volunteer Quality
- Site Coordinators Corner - to help volunteer site coordinators find reference tools
- Site Identification Number (SIDN) - include on all tax returns, set the default on each computer so all returns get counted
Partner and Volunteer Tax Preparation Scope and Products
- Volunteer Tax Preparation Training Materials
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- Link and Learn Taxes - online training available in November of each year
- Publications 4491, VITA/TCE Training Guide - available November of each year
- Publication 4491-X, VITA/TCE Training Supplement - available December of each year
- Publication 4480, VITA/TCE Link & Learn Taxes Training Kit - available November of each year
Partner and Volunteer Links to Outreach, Training and Tax Preparation Products
- Child-Related Tax Benefits
- Products for Older Americans
- Armed Forces Combat Zones
- Publication 3, Armed Forces' Tax Guide
- Prisoner Re-entry Program Outreach Materials
- Financial Education and Asset Building Webcast Series for IRS Partners
For any product ordering guidance, volunteers should contact their local IRS Stakeholder Partnerships, Education and Communications (SPEC) office.
Partner and Volunteer Online Tools
- Outreach Corner
- Understanding Taxes - for basic tax information
- IRS Tax Withholding Estimator
- Interactive Tax Assistant (ITA)
- EITC Information for Partners
- Disaster Services Referral Guide
- Partnering to Deliver Free Tax Services
- Publication 4555-e, VITA/TCE Instructor Guidance
Partner and Volunteer Tips
- Accessible IRS Tax Products
- Do you have a technical tax question?
- Free Tax Return Preparation for You by Volunteers
- Did you know that there are events in life that may have a significant tax impact?
- Talk Points for Volunteers - Tax Time Uncertainties