Are you currently a partner or volunteer with IRS to educate people about taxes or help them with their federal tax returns? If so, please use the SPEC Partner email to send us comments, suggestions or other feedback regarding any IRS-sponsored assistance efforts.
Not yet a partner? Interested in finding out more? Check out how to become an IRS Partner to help in your community.
- Get Coronavirus Tax Relief
- Get Information on Economic Impact Payments
- Publication 5102, IRS Partners – Social Media, Equipping You (PDF)
- Publication 5176, VITA/TCE Marketing Templates Thumbnail (PDF)
Partner and Volunteer Quality
- Site Coordinators Corner - to help volunteer site coordinators find reference tools
Partner and Volunteer Tax Preparation Scope and Products
- Volunteer Tax Preparation Training Materials
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- Link and Learn Taxes - online training available in November of each year
- Publication 4491, VITA/TCE Training Guide (PDF) - available November of each year
- Publication 4491-X, VITA/TCE Training Supplement (PDF) - available December of each year
- Publication 4012, VITA/TCE Volunteer Resource Guide (PDF) - available November of each year
Partner and Volunteer Links to Outreach, Training and Tax Preparation Products
- Child-Related Tax Benefits
- Products for Older Americans
- Armed Forces Combat Zones
- Publication 3, Armed Forces' Tax Guide (PDF)
- Prisoner Re-entry Program Outreach Materials
- Financial Education and Asset Building Webcast Series for IRS Partners
For any product ordering guidance, volunteers should contact their local IRS Stakeholder Partnerships, Education and Communications (SPEC) office.
Partner and Volunteer Online Tools
- Outreach Connection
- Understanding Taxes - for basic tax information
- IRS Tax Withholding Estimator
- Interactive Tax Assistant (ITA)
- EITC Information for Partners
- Disaster Services Referral Guide
- Publication 4555-E, VITA/TCE Instructor Guidance (PDF)
Partner and Volunteer Tips
- Accessible IRS Tax Products
- Do you have a technical tax question?
- Free Tax Return Preparation for You by Volunteers
- Did you know that there are events in life that may have a significant tax impact?