Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Understanding Your CP112 Notice

We made changes to your return because we believe there’s a miscalculation. As a result, you are due a refund.

What you need to do

  • You don't need to do anything. If you haven't received it already, you should receive a refund of the overpaid amount within 4-6 weeks as long as you owe no other taxes or debts we are required to collect.

You may want to...

  • Compare the figures on the notice with your tax return.
  • If you agree with our change(s), correct the copy of your tax return that you kept for your records.
  • Complete and send us a Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative to authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact us on your behalf.

  • Answers to common questions

    What if I do not receive my refund in 4-6 weeks?
    If you don’t owe other taxes or debts we’re required to collect, such as child support, and 6 weeks have lapsed, call us at the toll-free number listed on the top right corner of your notice.

    What if I disagree with the changes you made and don’t want the refund?
    Contact us at the toll-free number listed on the top right corner of your notice to stop the refund.

    Tips for next year

    Consider filing your taxes electronically. Filing online can help you to avoid mistakes and to find credits and deductions for which you may qualify. In many cases you can file electronically for free. Learn more about e-file.