Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Understanding Your CP148B Notice
When we change a business address in our records, we send a CP 148B to the old address. We issued a notice of confirmation of an address change to both the employer's former and new address.
What you need to do
- If the address change is correct, you don’t need to do anything.
- If the address change is not correct, please return the notice to us with a completed Form 8822-B, Change of Address or Responsible Party - Business.
You may want to
- Keep the notice for your permanent records.
- Submit a Form 8822-B when you need to update your address.
Answers to Common Questions
Why did the IRS change my address?
We update an address when we receive:
- Form 8822-B
- Employment tax return with an address different from what's on our records.
- Any address variation from the address of record for the business entity, e.g. interchanging "Street" for "St."
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 10-Nov-2016