We approved your Form 8868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File an Exempt Organization Return.
What you need to do
- Keep this notice for your records.
- File your required form by your new due date shown on the notice. We encourage you to use electronic filing – the fastest and easiest way to file.
You may want to
- Visit Charities-&-Non-Profits to learn about approved e-File providers, what types of returns can be filed electronically, and whether you are required to file electronically.
Answers to common questions
Where can I go for more information about tax-exempt organizations?
Tips for next year
Be sure to mail your Form 8868 by the due date of your return.
How to get help
- Call the 800, 866 or 888 number listed on the top right corner of your notice.
- Authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (PDF).
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.