We approved your Form 8868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File an Exempt Organization Return.
What you need to do
- Keep this notice for your records.
- File your required form by your new due date shown on the notice. We encourage you to use electronic filing – the fastest and easiest way to file.
You may want to
- Visit Charities-&-Non-Profits to learn about approved e-File providers, what types of returns can be filed electronically, and whether you are required to file electronically.
Answers to common questions
Where can I go for more information about tax-exempt organizations?
Tips for next year
Be sure to mail your Form 8868 by the due date of your return.
- You can authorize someone to contact the IRS on your behalf.
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.
If you can’t find what you need online, you can call the IRS at the 800, 866, or 888 number listed on the notice.