Your organization didn’t file a Form 990-PF.
What you need to do
- File a Form 990-PF
- Complete the response page
- Mail it to the address on the notice
Answers to Common Questions
What should I do if I have all ready filed Form 990-PF?
If you filed within the last four weeks using the same name and Employer ID number (EIN) on your notice, you don’t have to do anything. Our system may not have processed your return at the time we mailed the notice.
If you filed more than four weeks ago or used a different name or EIN, complete the Response form starting on Page 3, and mail it to us with a signed and dated copy of the return.
What should I do if I don’t think I have to file a Form 990-PF?
Complete the response form starting on Page 3 of the notice and mail it to us.
Tax publications you may find useful
- Publication 1, Your Rights as a Taxpayer (PDF)
- Form 990, Return of Organization Exempt From Income Tax (PDF)
- Form 990-PF, Return of Private Foundation or Section 4947(a)(1) Nonexempt Charitable Trust Treated as a Private Foundation (PDF)
- Form 990-N, Electronic Notice (e-Postcard) for Tax-Exempt Organizations Not Required To File Form 990 or 990-EZ (available electronically only)
- Full list of tax forms and instructions
How to get help
- Call the 800, 866 or 888 number listed on the top right corner of your notice.
- Authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (PDF).
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.