IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Understanding your LT18 Notice

We have not received a response from you to our previous requests for overdue tax returns.

What you need to do

  • Mail your return to the address on the letter within 10 days from the date on the letter.
  • If you’ve already filed, call the telephone number listed on the letter.
  • If you’re not required to file, call the telephone number listed on the letter.

You may want to

Call us for assistance at the toll-free telephone number listed in the top right corner of your letter.

Answers to Common Questions

What if I already filed the return?

If it’s been over 10 weeks since you mailed it, send a signed copy of it to us again.

What if I had no employees during the tax period shown on the letter?

Please contact us with that information.

Tax publications you may find useful

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 12-Feb-2016

How to get help

  • Call the 1-800, 1-866 or 1-888 number listed on the top right corner of your notice.
  • Authorize someone (e.g., accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using Form 2848.
  • See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.