What this notice is about
We still haven’t received your Online Payment Agreement (OPA).
What you need to do
- You can apply online for a payment plan (including installment agreements).
- If you’re unable to use the online payment agreement application.
- Pay as much as you can now.
- Complete Form 9465, Installment Agreement Request (PDF) and Form 433-F, Collection Information Statement (PDF).
- Mail them to us within 30 days from the date of the letter, using the envelope provided with your notice.
Answers to common questions
Is there a fee for setting up an installment agreement?
Yes, the amount of the fee varies based on the type of agreement. We’ll deduct it from your first installment payment.
If you are low income, you qualify for a reduced installment fee that may be waived or reimbursed if certain conditions are met. If we don’t qualify you as low income and you feel you qualify, you can request reconsideration using Form 13844, Application For Reduced User Fee For Installment Agreements (PDF).
What will happen if I don’t complete the OPA?
We can take enforcement action such as seizing your wages, other income, or property.
Tips for next year
Consider increasing your income tax withholding or making estimated tax payments to reduce your tax liability.
How to get help
- Call the 800, 866 or 888 number listed on the top right corner of your notice.
- Authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (PDF).
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.