For us to consider an installment agreement for your overdue taxes, you must complete Form 433F, Collection Information Statement.
What you need to do
- Completed the enclosed Form 433F and mail it to us by the due date shown on your letter
- Pay as much as you can immediately to reduce interest and penalties.
Answers to Common Questions
Is there a fee for setting up an installment agreement?
If we approve your payment plan, we’ll charge $120 as an initial setup fee.
What will happen if I don’t complete the 433F and mail to the office?
If you don’t set up an installment agreement or full pay your account , we can take enforcement action as the law allows such as seizing your wages, other income, or property.
Tips for next year
Consider increasing your income tax withholding or making estimated tax payments to reduce your tax liability.
How to get help
- Call the 800, 866 or 888 number listed on the top right corner of your notice.
- Authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (PDF)
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.