Your federal employment tax is still not paid. We issued a notice levy to collect your unpaid taxes.
What you need to do
- Send full payment to the address on the letter immediately to avoid further penalty and interest charges.
- Call the telephone number listed on the letter to get your total balance due.
- If you’ve already paid the balance or can’t pay the balance, call the telephone number on the letter.
You may want to
Request an appeal to the proposed levy action by following the instructions on the letter.
Answers to common questions
What if I can’t pay the balance in full?
If you cannot pay the full amount due: Pay as much as you can now and set up an installment agreement for the remaining balance. You must be current on your filings in order to apply for an installment agreement.
Please note:You may also be subject to the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation (FAST) Act legislation see Revocation or Denial of Passport for more information.
Can I appeal the balance due?
You may request a Collection Due Process hearing. See the letter for directions.
How to get help
- Call the 800, 866 or 888 number listed on the top right corner of your notice.
- Authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (PDF)
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.