Understanding your LT73 Notice
Your federal employment tax is still not paid. We issued a notice levy to collect your unpaid taxes.
What you need to do
- Send full payment to the address on the letter immediately to avoid further penalty and interest charges.
- Call the telephone number listed on the letter to get your total balance due.
- If you’ve already paid the balance or can’t pay the balance, call the telephone number on the letter.
You may want to
Request an appeal to the proposed levy action by following the instructions on the letter.
Answers to Common Questions
What if I can’t pay the balance in full?
Call our office and make arrangements for an installment agreement.
Can I appeal the balance due?
You may request a Collection Due Process hearing. See the letter for directions.
Tax publications you may find useful
- Form 12153, Request for a Collection Due Process or Equivalent Hearing
- Publication 594, The IRS Collection Process
- Publication 1660, Collection Appeal Rights