IR-2014-96, Oct. 2, 2014
WASHINGTON ― The Internal Revenue Service is seeking applications for vacancies on the Advisory Committee on Tax Exempt and Government Entities (ACT). The committee provides a venue for public input on relevant areas of tax administration.
Vacancies exist in the following customer segments:
- Employee Plans – two vacancies
- Exempt Organizations – two vacancies
- Indian Tribal Governments – one vacancy
- Tax Exempt Bonds – two vacancies
Members are appointed by the Department of the Treasury and serve two-year terms, beginning in June 2015. Applications will be accepted through Nov. 3, 2014.
The ACT is an organized public forum for the IRS and representatives who deal with employee plans, exempt organizations, tax-exempt bonds, and federal, state, local and Indian tribal governments. The ACT allows the IRS to receive regular input on administrative policy and procedures of the Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division (TE/GE).
Applications can be made by completing an ACT member application form. Applications should reflect the proposed member’s qualifications. Members of the ACT may not be federally registered lobbyists. A notice published in the Federal Register, dated Oct. 2, contains more details about the ACT and the application process.
Applications should be sent by:
- Email to Mark.F.O’Donnell@irs.gov,
- Fax: 877-801-7395, or
- U.S. mail to Mark O’Donnell, TE/GE Communications and Liaison Director, Internal Revenue Service, 1111 Constitution Ave., NW, SE:T:CL, NCA 676, Washington, DC 20224.