IRS Special Edition Tax Tip 2013-06, March 5, 2013
With the April 15 tax filing deadline approaching, the Internal Revenue Service created a new YouTube video to provide taxpayers more details and tips to check on their tax refund.
The new video How to Use the Where's My Refund? Tool offers in-depth information about how the redesigned “Where’s My Refund” tool on IRS.gov works. The IRS’s previous refund YouTube video When Will I Get My Refund? has already received more than 750,000 views. The IRS expects this video will also be a helpful resource for taxpayers.
The IRS issues more than nine out of 10 refunds to taxpayers in less than 21 days. Even though the IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days, some tax returns will require additional review and take longer.
The refund video released today is one of several YouTube videos the IRS created to help taxpayers navigate this year’s filing season. Other top videos that help people prepare their tax returns or resolve tax problems include:
- W-2 Missing? - English | Spanish | ASL
- How to Request a Copy of Your Tax Return - English | Spanish | ASL
- Do Your Taxes for Free: Taxes Made Less Taxing - English | Spanish
- Are You a Victim of Identity Theft? - English | Spanish | ASL
- Protect Yourself from Identity Theft - English | Spanish | ASL
- Phishing-Malware - English | Spanish | ASL
The IRS YouTube channels offer short, informative videos in English, American Sign Language and other languages. IRS currently has more than 100 videos, which already have more than 4 million views.
Additional videos to help people with the tax season are available on the “tax tips” playlist at IRS - YouTube.