Subscribe to Tax Tips to get easy-to-read tips about taxes via e-mail from the IRS. Tips are issued each business day during the tax-filing season and three times a week in the summertime. Special Edition Tax Tips are issued periodically throughout the year to highlight important topics of interest to the public. Health Care Tax Tips are issued to explain various aspects of the tax provisions that are part of the Affordable Care Act.
Tax Tips are brief, to the point and cover a wide-range of topics, including:
- Common errors to avoid when you prepare your tax return
- Where you can get free tax help
- Guidance on available tax deductions and credits
- How e-file can make filing easier, get you your refund faster and protect your payments
- How to file for an extension or amend your return