Form 8621, Information Return by a Shareholder of a Passive Foreign Investment Company or Qualified Electing Fund
A U.S. person that is a direct or indirect shareholder of a passive foreign investment company (PFIC) files this form if they:
- Receive certain direct or indirect distributions from a PFIC,
- Recognize a gain on a direct or indirect disposition of PFIC stock,
- Are reporting information with respect to a QEF or section 1296 mark-to-market election,
- Are making an election reportable in Part II of the form, or
- Are required to file an annual report pursuant to section 1298(f).
None available at this time.
Other Items You May Find Useful
Comment on Form 8621
Use the Comment on Tax Forms and Publications web form to provide feedback on the content of this product. Although we cannot respond individually to each comment, we do appreciate your feedback and will consider all comments submitted.
CAUTION: We cannot respond to tax-related questions submitted using this page. Instead, please see our Tax Law Questions page.