Pennsylvania Practitioner Liaison Meetings and Seminars
If you live near a state line, please look for meetings in nearby cities of the bordering state.
Title: 15th Annual Eastern Pennsylvania Working Together Conference
Date: May 18, 2016
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Location: Penn State Great Valley Conference Center, 30 East Swedesford Road, Malvern, PA 19355
Event Information: This event is a joint effort of public and private tax professionals. This program promotes a positive ongoing relationship between the tax practitioner community and Internal Revenue Service.
Substantive panel discussions will provide tax professionals with the latest information and developments in the following areas:
- IRS SB/SE and Field & Office Exam Programs - Discussion of 2014 IRS SB/SE Exam Program priorities and tips for effective representation during field and office exams. IRS SB/SE Management will discuss IRS approach to compliance and working with tax practitioners. Also discussed will be IRS Appeals "Fast Track Settlement" program as alternative dispute resolution tool.
- IRS Field Collection Program - IRS Fresh Start Collection Initiatives for practitioners representing clients before IRS Field Collection Revenue Officers. Effective Practitioner Representation when assisting delinquent Clients to reach effective resolution of collection matters. Appeals Collection Due Process procedures will also be discussed.
- IRS Campus Compliance Programs - Current Developments in IRS Correspondence Exam, Automated Underreporter (CP-2000) and Automated Collection System Programs.
- Current International Issues for Practitioners - Increased IRS oversight of international issues is impacting many practitioners. Discussion of IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Initiative, Foreign Bank Reporting under Title 26 (FATCA) and Title 31 (FBAR).
- IRS Hot Issues/Emerging Issues Panel - 2015 hot issues as identified by IRS Issue Management Resolution System and Taxpayer Advocate Systemic Advocacy System, including ID Theft, ACA, Tangible Property Regulations.
- Current Priorities for IRS Criminal Investigation
- Pennsylvania Department of Revenue - Latest developments in PA State Taxation discussed by PA DOR and practitioner panelists.
Registration: Contact: Sherry DeAgostino, Phone: 1-800-270-3352, Email: email@example.com
Sponsored By: Working Together Conference is a unique partnership with the PA Department of Revenue and the following tax professional organizations: Pennsylvania Institute of Certified, Public Accountants, Pennsylvania Bar Association Tax Section, Philadelphia Bar Association, Tax Law Section, Pennsylvania Society of Tax & Accounting Professionals, Pennsylvania Society of Enrolled Agents, PA Chapter of National Association of Tax Professionals, National Conference of CPA Practitioners
STATEWIDE PRACTITIONER LIAISON
Meeting: IRS and Practitioner Liaison Steering Committee Meeting
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Location: Attendance is by videoconferencing and teleconferencing
Contact: Liaison Steering Committee members have been selected by their practitioner organization to represent their memberships. These organizations include: AAA-CPA, PICPA, PSEA, PSPA, PA-NATP, PA-NABA, PA-AFWA, PA Bar Association and ncCPAp.
Remarks: The Liaison Steering Committee members meet regularly to discuss tax issues raised by the represented organizations. The purpose of this posting is to allow you to raise issues to the appropriate committee member who represents your organization.
Sponsored by: Internal Revenue Service, Stakeholder Liaison
Points of Contact:
PICPA: Damian M. Gaspari, CPA @ 610-862-2392
PSEA: Mary Ann Jesse, EA @ 724-947-0119
PSPA: Sherry DeAgostino @ 800-270-3352
PA-NATP: John Molinaro, @ 412-403-9967
AFWA- Phila Chapter: Jean Rigney, CPA @ 215-994-2256
PA Bar Association: Phyllis Horn Epstein, Esquire @ 215-563-1200
AAA-CPA: Vincent G. DiAntonio, J.D., LL.M., CPA @ 215-641-8600
NABA - Phila Chapter: Troy Spence
ncCPAp - Delaware Valley Chapter: Edward P Caine CPA / CFF @ 610-212-8978