If you live near a state line, please look for tax workshops, meetings and seminars in nearby cities of the bordering state.
Employer Withholding Tax 2019 Workshops
In this FREE 2 hour workshop, the SCDOR, along with the IRS and the SC Department of Employment & Workforce (DEW) will present information to help you better understand your business obligations as they relate to withholding taxes. IRS is providing presentation materials and publications for distribution.
- Federal tax law issues (taught by an Enrolled Agent)
- Unemployment Insurance - liability and reporting requirements (taught by an SCDEW representative)
- Basics of the SC Withholding Tax Law
- How to register for the Withholding Tax
- When to file and pay Withholding Taxes
- Electronic filing methods
Who Should Attend? Small business owners, bookkeepers, payroll clerks, new withholding tax registrants, businesses who employ seasonal workers, and tax professionals.
Registration: Pre-registration for workshops is necessary to receive the webinar link and log-in information. There are two ways to register:
- Email the following information to TaxpayerEd@dor.sc.gov (preferred method):
- Class Date
- Registrant Name
- Business Name
- Business Address
- Daytime Phone Number
A confirmation of your registration will be sent via email.
2. Call our Taxpayer Education Phone Line: 803-898-5800
Webinar: Attendees should log on at least 20 minutes early to allow time for any system checks and trouble-shooting, ensure you are able to get online.
Sponsored By: SC Department of Revenue
Date: October 3, 2019
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Location: Virtually – You home or office