If you live near a state line, please look for tax workshops, meetings and seminars in nearby cities of the bordering state.
Basic Withholding Tax Workshop
In this FREE 2 hour workshop, the SCDOR, along with an Enrolled Agent presenting IRS obligations and the South Carolina Department of Employment & Workforce (DEW) will present information to help you better understand your business obligations. Materials provided in class include the IRS Federal Tax Deposit publication and other electronic resources. Who should attend: small business owners, bookkeepers, payroll clerks, new withholding tax registrants, businesses who employ seasonal workers, and tax professionals. This webinar/workshop is for people with employees in South Carolina and most of material is state specific. For more information visit the SC Department of Revenue website.
- Federal tax law issues (taught by an Enrolled Agent licensed to practice before the IRS)
- Unemployment insurance? Liability and reporting requirements (taught by an SCDEW representative)
- Basics of the SC Withholding Tax law
- How to register for the Withholding Tax
- When to file and pay Withholding Taxes
- Electronic filing methods
Registration: Pre-registration for the workshop is necessary to receive the webinar link and log-in information. There are two ways to register:
- Email the following information to TaxpayerEd@dor.sc.gov (preferred method):
Daytime Phone Number
A confirmation of your registration will be sent via email.
- Call our Taxpayer Education Phone Line: 803-898-5800
Webinar attendees should log on at least 20 minutes early to allow time for any system checks, trouble-shooting and to ensure you are able to get online.
Sponsored By: SC Department of Revenue
Date: December 4, 2018 - Attend in Person at SCDOR or Virtually
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Location: S.C. Department of Revenue, 300A Outlet Pointe Blvd., Columbia, South Carolina 29210 and Webinar (link for webinar portion provided after registration).